Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Beauty in sadness.

Yesterday when I got home from work at 4 o'clock I opened the official letter that said that my program will close this coming Friday. I already knew that information, but what happened while I was reading was that I saw that the cherry tree in our garden is blooming and its blossoms are especially beautiful this year, much more so than in earlier years. Also, the birds are singing and flying. On top of all of this a student from China (he was in my class with his wife until I promoted them) gave me this piece of Chinese calligraphy. He has used an ancient style of calligraphy which was the official script current in the Han Dynasty (206 B.C. - A.D. 220). The paper is unique, made only in China, and called "Xuan" paper. The four words are selected from an ancient Chinese book "Li Ji". The calligraph is read from top to bottom & then from right to left. The four words are: 'Jing' 'Yie' 'Ler' and 'Qun'. His comment was that "we think you're fun, patient, respectful and very responsible". I feel that it is an honour to receive this piece of calligraphy which made me smile. I think that through all of this the universe is trying to tell me something. Don't you think so? Thank you life... thank you again



Ayer cuando regresaba de mi trabajo a las 4 de la tarde, abrí la carta oficial de mi cesantía este viernes que viene. Yo ya lo sabía, pero mientras leia la carta note que el árbol de cereza en nuestro jardín, esta floreando y sus flores son mas y muy hermosas que en años anteriores. También, muchos pájaros están cantando y volando en el jardin. Encima de todo esto un estudiante de China (él estaba en mi clase con su esposa hasta que fueron promovídos al siguiente nivel) me dio esta pieza de caligrafia china. Él ha utilizado un estilo antiguo del caligrafia que era la corriente oficial de la escritura en la dinastía de Han (206 B.C. - A.D. 220). El papel es único, hecho solamente en China, y el papel se llama "Xuan". Las cuatro palabras fueron seleccionadas de un libro chino antiguo "li Ji". Las palabras se leen de arriba para abajo y de derecha a la izquierda. Las cuatro palabras son: 'Jing' 'Yie' 'Ler' y 'Qun'. Su comentario era que "pensamos que usted mira lo positivo y alegre de la vida, ademas es muy paciente, y muy respetuosa y es bien responsable". Siento que es un honor recibir esta pieza de caligrafia que me saco una sonrisa. Pienso que con todo esto el universo está intentando decirme algo. ¿No lo creen asi? Gracias a la vida... una vez mas gracias.

No comments:

Bing 🎶 Suno